In kaminaljuyu, spi is helping local women receive an income, REALIZE THEIR DREAMS and return a site to the heart of a community
- Within six months of the project starting the women earned their first income! They now regularly earn hundreds of dollars per month as a group and are growing every month. Soon they will be be a fully independent company!
- The women, along with SPI and its partners, have developed an incredible new collection of jewelry and accessories under the brand 'Rebirth Kaminaljuyu'. The brand encapsulates the commitment to restoring the site to a place of relevance and aspiration among local residents. The collection is now being sold locally and around the world. See images of the collection below and the full range here, and see if it is available where you are through the Wakami online store.
- Fifteen local women artisan-producers have received training in craft production, business skills and group organization. They are lead by a local woman, Marta, and are working hard to improve their skill level, efficiency and to attract new members.
- The money the group has received are already helping them achieve their dreams - from owning a motorbike, getting English lessons for their children, to creating a better community for future generations.
The Big thing we have learned
- We have fantastic, experienced local partners who are delivering great results and great value for money!
- The business is growing and able to help more women! The more funds we have, the more local women we can add to the project and help realize their dreams.