In collaboration with National Geographic, SPi is bringing much needed employment to local youth and improving the visitor experience at the ancient oracle site of pachacamac
- 10 young people (five male, five female) from different communities around Pachacamac completed the training course in September 2017 and are looking forward to welcoming tourists to experience the site by bike! See the video below of the local media coverage (in Spanish)!
- The participants have completed an intensive training course in site knowledge, bike maintenance, tourism skills and first aid, including guidance from Alejandro Paz, 8-times national downhill mountain-bike champion!
- The project was recently recognized by the Municipality of Lima for promoting the use of bicycles among residents.
The Big thing we have learned
- The enthusiasm of youth can be a great asset to a project. We look forward to these young people taking the opportunity to build their futures!
- Come to the site and take a tour! Help these young people have a sustainable job and be proud of their heritage. We will be launching more bike-tours in archaeological sites around Peru!